You already know that massage chairs are a convenient way to enjoy relaxing massages at home.
But how should you be using your massage chair to enjoy it to its fullest?
That’s what we’re here to explain. Read on to discover our top four tips for using your massage chair:
- Start slow.
- Explore your chair’s settings.
- Think about your problem areas.
- Properly clean and maintain your massage chair.
1. Start Slow
As we discussed in a previous blog post, people who are new to massage chairs should start off slow. Since your muscles aren’t used to being massaged regularly, this will help prevent unpleasant soreness.
For your first week, limit yourself to one or two sessions. Then, slowly increase to two or three sessions per week.
As your body gets accustomed to frequent massages, feel free to use your massage chair as often as you’d like (provided that you’re not experiencing excessive soreness or discomfort, of course).
2. Explore Your Massage Chair’s Settings
Most massage chairs come equipped with a variety of settings and features.
For example, some chairs feature zero gravity technology, while others offer air bag massages or built-in speakers.
To ensure that you’re getting the most out of your massage chair, explore all of its features and settings before settling into a routine. Also use the controls to adjust the chair to fit your body perfectly.
Since most massage chairs come with user-friendly controls, this should be a quick and easy process.
3. Think About Your Problem Areas
When using your massage chair, be sure to target areas of your body that give you trouble.
For example, if you’re on your feet all day, be sure to use your chair’s leg-massaging capabilities.
Or, if you regularly experience muscle soreness, always use your chair’s back and shoulder rollers to work out those knots.
By remembering to focus on the areas that need it most, you’ll see quicker and better results over time.
4. Properly Clean and Maintain Your Massage Chair
After buying a massage chair, the last thing you want to do is shorten its lifespan.
To keep your chair running smoothly and looking great for many years to come, always clean and maintain it regularly.
- Regular cleaning: By giving your massage chair a surface cleaning every one to two weeks, you’ll keep it looking fresh and prevent the buildup of dirt and debris.
- Periodic deep cleaning: To get into all of your chair’s nooks and crannies, give it a deep and thorough cleaning every couple of months.
- Consult an expert when necessary: If your massage chair starts making strange noises or failing to work properly, don’t just hope it will fix itself. Instead, immediately consult an expert to prevent further damage.
- Use your chair regularly: By using your chair on a regular basis, you’ll be able to make sure that its internal components stay in tip-top shape.
- Consider your chair’s environment: Don’t place your chair in direct sun, or leave it in a location where small children and pets can easily access it.
Click here to read our in-depth guide to massage chair maintenance and cleaning.
Don’t let your massage chair go to waste. Refer to these tips and you’ll be able to get the most bang for your buck, effectively relieve aches and pains and keep your chair working perfectly for years.