Types of Bathtubs
A beautiful bathtub from Aqua Living can be the focal point of your bathroom. Yet, our baths are about so much more than aesthetics. The right tub can make all the difference to your mental and physical health.
Here we’ll explain the types of acrylic tubs we offer and help you determine which is right for you.
Types of Tub Styles
Aqua Living offers three major tub styles, all of which come with a 10-year warranty against surface cracking and fading:
- Freestanding Baths – These tubs stand alone and are not built into a wall or surround. They may be simpler to install and are associated with a simple, elegant aesthetic.
- Built-in Baths – These tubs are built into a wall and/or surround, which requires installation that goes beyond plumbing.
- Walk-in Baths – These tubs are easily entered and exited and include a water-tight door. A comfortable seat and no-slip surfaces ensure safety during use.
The style you choose will depend on a range of factors. The amount of space you have, plumbing options, budget and physical ability are the practical concerns. You’ll also want to consider the style and décor of your bathroom and which tub is most suited to your personal preference.
Types of Tub Functions and Features
Our bathtubs can be separated into two major categories based on their function:
- Soaker Baths: These tubs function very simply with faucets and drains. While they do not have any sort of jet feature, they are relatively simple to clean and maintain. Soaker tubs are available in freestanding, built-in and walk-in styles.
- Jetted Baths: These tubs shoot air (via blowers) or water (via water pumps) from jets to create currents in the water and massage various spots on the body. Because the features are more complex, they do require a bit more maintenance. Jetted tubs are available in built-in and walk-in styles.
Choosing between a soaker or jetted tub depends on how much maintenance you want to do and what health and relaxation features you’re hoping for.
A soaker tub can be very relaxing, and because it has no jets there’s less concern about clogging the tub with bubble baths and other bath products. However, if you’re hoping to massage sore muscles, jets will be a necessary feature.
Types of Soaker Tubs
Aqua Living offers acrylic soaker tubs in freestanding, built-in, and walk-in bath styles. With features like anti-fungicide tubing and zero flex flooring (won’t weaken from expansion or contraction) you can be confident in a high level of safety, durability and sanitation.
You can choose from a wide range of shapes (including oval and corner) and dimensions of soaker tubs, some as long as 78 inches and others as deep as 38 inches. You also have the option to upgrade your soaker tub with a bath faucet kit.
Types of Jetted Tubs
Aqua Living offers acrylic jetted tubs in built-in and walk-in styles. With features like high-performance water pumps, LED underwater lights, heated blowers and sanitary full-draining jets you can be confident in a high level of luxury and sanitation.
You can choose from a wide range of shapes (including oval and corner) and dimensions of jetted tubs, some as long as 78 inches and as deep as 24 inches. Many of the tubs also come with a five-year warranty on jet components, a three-year warranty on blower and pump parts and a one-year warranty on electronics and labor.
Jetted bathtubs are available with water-shooting jets in our Whirlpool Bath series or air-shooting jets in our Air Bath series. Upgrade to the Luxury series for LED lights and underside foam insulation, and try the Luxury Plus series to add aromatherapy scent controls, heat stick technology to keep the water warm and Bluetooth audio systems.
Water Jet Whirlpool Baths
- High performance water pump.
- Up to 14 color matching water jets.
- Sanitary, full-draining V jets.
- Anti-fungicide plumbing.
Air Jet Whirlpool Baths
- Heated blowers.
- Color matching air jets.
- Sanitary, full-draining V jets.
- Anti-fungicide tubing.
Air baths can include a “tranquility” upgrade for aromatherapy scent controls, multicolor perimeter LED lighting and long-lasting stainless steel air injectors.
Aqua Living is pleased to carry numerous types of bathtubs. From freestanding soaker tubs to built-in luxury tubs with water or air jets, you can find the perfect shape, size and function for your needs. For more detailed information, please contact your local Aqua Living dealer.